About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Just life

How did it get to be Tuesday already? I swear, time flies by so fast around here I can hardly keep things straight. Life's been pretty quiet. Daddy is gone again, though this time just for two sleeps. We are looking forward to him coming home tomorrow, though I'm not sure it will happen because of the snowy weather headed our way. I do like the snow, though in my current state of roundness it is rather difficult to enjoy. By the time we all get our snow stuff on and get out there, I'm ready to go back in! Elie and Isaac have learned to put on their snow pants which helps out so very much. Plus, my snow pants don't fit me and so I end up soaking wet and cold. It is also a little awkward to try and help the kids get on and off the sled as bending over doesn't happen easily. Anyway, enough complaining, eventually some adorable babe will come out of me and life will be easier in some ways and harder in others!!!

This weekend we gathered all our birthing supplies in our bedroom. The kids had a blast getting things together and helping us gather. At the end of it, I was so incredibly overwhelmed. I guess it just hit me, hard, that we are going to have four kiddos! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH FOUR KIDDOS?!?!?!?!?! WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS?!!??!?!?!? Whew.....okay, glad I got that out of my system, but I still have those questions. I do remember feeling this way about Talia coming before she was born, so I guess it doesn't surprise me too much. I do wish there was something that I could do, other than just process and relax, that would make the thoughts pass. I think it does have something to do with the waiting for the baby that we're doing now. But, I don't really want the baby to come until April, so that my parent's can get here for the birth!!! Oh what a conundrum....okay, just relax, relax, deep breath...let go. Oh yeah, we all know how good I am at that....NOT!

Yesterday we had swimming and it was so much fun. The kids have all gotten so comfortable and now we can all have a really good time in the water. There is still some choking, but mostly when they misjudge how deep the water is! We have also really enjoyed the "warm pool" which allows the kids to stay in much longer. It is amazing how being in the water wears them out. We were not there for very long, but they were TIRED by the time we left.

Today we had a midwife appointment. The baby sounds good and everything is just doing well! The kids love going there and have so many questions, it is adorable. Talia was pretty quiet, but every so often she would yell out words that were related to whatever the rest of us were discussing. The midwife we saw was also very impressed with how gentle Talia was with her "new baby." Talia holds her baby in her two arms and carries it around, saying "new baby" and "nursing" and "brand new". It is hilarious. Isaac talks about new babies less, but when he does talk about it, he wants everyone to know that he thinks it is a boy and that he WANTS it to be a boy. In fact, last week in the car he had a meltdown because he "wants a brother." When any of us points out that the baby might not be a boy, he just says "it's a boy." So we'll see what happens. Elie is just excited about the baby and she has so many questions! Someone is going to have to be stationed near her just to answer questions or she'll drive the rest of us batty!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Wallen Clan!

    So awesome to be keeping up on the Urchins' exploits.... I feel for little dude I-Zee, wanting a brother! We're thinking of you... G-Unit says hiya!

    -"O Mikey"

    ReplyDelete