About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

We're Surviving!

Yay! We're all surviving! We've managed to get out the door and get to school on time everyday this week. I've come up with some new ways to do things (ie make lunches after dinner for the next day) and we're all working together to make sure that everything that needs to get done, happens before we leave. I'm not even feeling too stressed. Leila does scream a bit in the car, but she typically calms down pretty quickly. The other kids seem to be happy and normal, also, I was kind of worried about how they would cope, but they are doing great!

One big reason I'm feeling pretty relaxed is that we've been getting dinners from other families at the preschool. One of the moms organized a sign up and so we're getting three dinners a week for almost the entire month of May. WOW! I was a bit hesitant about the situation at first. I felt silly for taking them up on the offer of dinners, as though I wasn't deserving enough. I really felt like I *could* be making dinner so I *should* be making dinner. I don't know if that makes any sense or not, but I was uncomfortable about all the offers of help. But lemme tell ya, it has been SO incredibly helpful. Our ready-made dinners started with David, Adam's dad, on Saturday night. David and Janna came over and brought a giant dinner with them. So we had delicious food then and there were enough leftovers that I didn't have to cook on Sunday. On Monday our school organized dinners started and they've been just great. The meals we've gotten so far have been yummy, healthy, and have been large portions, so we've even had plenty of leftovers. I honestly did not realize how incredibly helpful and relaxing it would be to not have to worry about feeding the family and myself.

Not to say that everything has been sweetness and light. Yesterday I got a call from the school that Isaac was coughing so much he couldn't catch his breath. So I ran over there and while on the way I called for a drs appointment. I'd been thinking he needed to go, but I was procrastinating, and then all of a sudden it seemed like I needed to take him NOW. Unfortunately the appointment was for one o'clock and that meant that he would have to leave school early, as would Elie. Well, Elie was really sad about having to leave early and so one of our friends so kindly said that she could take Elie home with her. So off I ran to Bethesda to take Isaac to the doctors. The doctor was great and gave Isaac two kinds of allergy medication and more inhaler stuff. So, it looks like we are going to be battling asthma because of allergies. Poor Isaac. It doesn't seem to slow him down much and I'm hoping we can prevent it from ever being a problem for him. He loves sports so much and we are hoping to get him into some organized stuff in the near future. We finally managed to leave the hospital and get home. I was exhausted and worried about Leila (even though she had been nursing anytime we were sitting down while we were at the hospital), but Isaac seems much better since we got medication in him. I hate using the inhaler, but it really seems to make a difference.

Well, Leila's asleep and Talia and Isaac are using a wooden spoon and a plastic sword to beat on the furniture, so I think I need to go find something for them to do! (We actually have to put away clean laundry, which I've also been (amazingly) keeping ahead of.) So we're off to have a normal, productive life, with four kids. Amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Learning to graciously accept help is a gift all unto itself. We had a wonderful time with you all and are looking forward to more times together. Sounds like things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to the birthday photos? They were wonderful

    ReplyDelete