About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

We got up on Sunday morning and I opened the present from Elie. It was a very pretty flower pen (she got to pick out the flower that was on top), a card with her hand prints, and a lovely book she made with pictures she drew of us doing things together. She was so proud. It turns out the "hints" that she was giving me were tricks! She had been telling me there was a unicorn and raindrops and a tree, so I was really confused when I opened the present. I asked her "what about the other things you told me were in the gift?" She looked at me gleefully and said "Ha ha! I tricked you!!!!!"

She and Isaac desperately did want to make breakfast for me. So we got out the ingredients and they put together my standard, delicious breakfast of dried oats, brown sugar, wheat germ and plain yogurt. They were hilarious though, because they needed help to reach the yogurt and then wanted to measure it all out like I do. During the "making" Isaac said "Wouldn't it be great if there was a day where the grownups made the kids breakfast and got them presents? We could call it....Kids' Day!" Uhhhhh, Isaac, we do have a day like that....it's called EVERYDAY!!!

We finished up breakfast and took Elie to religious school. Then we came home and just hung out. When we went back to pick her up, she and Isaac told everyone about how they "made mommy breakfast." It was so cute.

Adam sent flowers and a card. He's so good to me. As SingleMother's Day goes, this one was pretty nice. And my kids were darn cute too!

No comments:

Post a Comment