About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Better late than never, I suppose.

Adam got home uneventfully and we had a nice weekend as a family. On Father's Day we made a round up north, to see the extended fam. Lunch with his mother, a visit to his grandfather, and playing in the pool and dinner with his father. All in all, not a terrible Father's Day.

In some ways though, Adam sort of got gypped on Father's Day this year. He had just gotten back from his trip and I was needing a break. Plus with all the running around, he just didn't get much of a *special* day. And, it's a little weird, but the gifts that the kids made for him at school, weren't the same quality that they made for me. It is odd to me that the teachers would, so clearly, put less time and energy into the Father's Day stuff than they put into the Mother's Day stuff. Maybe they feel like mothers don't get enough attention? Maybe they feel like moms need more kudos and special presents? I'm not sure what the reason is, but it is a little sad.

Not that Adam is so into the touchy-feely stuff, but I'm sure he'd appreciate a little more, if that was given. We did make him a card and each of the kids took part in decorating it, so he definitely got some made-with-love-and-him-in-mind something. So I don't think he feels bad. But it does make me wonder what message the kids are getting from the schools regarding the situation.

Fathers are just as important as Mothers. And most of the Fathers I know work just as hard as the Mothers I know. They work hard to be involved and interact and support and provide. I just hope they know that we love them and appreciate them. Happy Father's Day, Dads.

No comments:

Post a Comment