About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

PlayDates

Today we had a little neighbor girl over to our house to play. She is also in kindergarten and Isaac spent an afternoon over at her house a few weeks ago. They had a great time then, so we thought we'd try it again, this time at our house.

Well, it was interesting to say the least. In the beginning, Talia totally dominated E.'s attention. Isaac could hardly get a word in edgewise. So he wandered off and played by himself for quite a while. Then we had lunch and I threw them in the backyard together. That seemed to bring everyone to the same game.

When they were inside though, E. was playing with a little Diego and started singing "Diego, Diego the Rescuer. Going to the Island of Acidophilus!" (So my kids aren't the only ones who repeat stuff they've heard other places!)

I did see the future, though, and we are going to be (if we aren't already) the weird family. When I served whole grain bread sandwiches and some carrots. Miss E. said "Oh, I don't like bread with nuts and I don't like carrots." Then I offered milk or water and she said "Don't you have any juice? I don't like milk or water. " I just laughed and told her nope. We aren't even *that* crunchy and we're still out there enough to be weirdos!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Sis, it's not so bad being the "weird family"! It makes life so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete