About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tooth Fairy-ness

Yesterday:


Today:

Notice what happened between yesterday and today? Yes, that's right, Elie got dressed. Oh, no? That's not it? Okay, okay. She lost her first tooth EVER!

She actually had three loose teeth (before this one fell out) and we'd been getting regular wiggly-tooth updates. I was sure we had another week or so before any of them fell out,but I wanted to make sure we caught a picture of her before she lost any teeth. So last night Adam took a picture of her pretty, baby-teeth-filled smile.

Then today she came home and said that it was really wiggly. I told her that I'd give pulling it a try, if she wanted. I grabbed a tissue and wrapped it around the tooth and POP! out it came. There was a very tiny bit of blood and it took very little force, so I'm sure that it was ready. She was really excited and, I have to admit, so was I.

But there is one little, eensy-weensy problem. The tooth-fairy wasn't prepared. And the tooth-fairy's partner in crime is out of town this evening. Uhhhh....crap. I tried to prepare Elie for the idea that maybe the tooth fairy wouldn't be coming the first night. She didn't take it that well.

I've since devised another plan involving leaving a glitter filled note and a scagawea dollar, thereby buying me time to get a tooth-fairy gift tomorrow. I hope it works because it would SUCK to ruin the magic this early in our tooth-fairy careers. I've got three more kids to get through.....

2 comments:

  1. the tooth fairy gives gifts??? dude. i was robbed of a full childhood experience. i only got a quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I only got a quarter also! The Sacagawea (ugh, prolly spelled that wrong) dollar sounds great to me!

    Anyhow, I am glad to have found you again! Come check out my blog for the latest news (nothing good, unfortunately) about my cancer journey. motherhoodandcancer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete