About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another One Gone

We've lost another one folks! That's right, MissElie has lost another tooth!!!! This one was wiggly for quite a while and she kept asking us to try and pull it out. I attempted to pull it out just this morning, but it wasn't until she was eating lunch this afternoon that the tooth finally let go. And she.ate.it.

She said that everyone at school was telling her the tooth-fairy would come anyway. She also said that as soon as she realized it was gone she just wanted to be with me and tell me. I think she was a little upset about it. But she seemed to have decided it was okay by the time she got home. This afternoon she wrote a note to the tooth-fairy and put it under her pillow. Everything is definitely just fine.

At bedtime, she was asking Adam if the tooth-fairy would be able to come to our house in the rain. (Currently it is pouring here and is supposed to do so all night long.) Adam suggested that perhaps the tooth-fairy drives so crazy that she can go in and out of the rain, without getting wet. Elie said "No, Daddy, the tooth-fairy drives pretty." (like, duh!)

3 comments:

  1. omg i totally did that, too! Ate my tooth, I mean. I was eating yogurt with grape nuts cereal in it for breakfast and i bit down on something hard but i just thought it was an extra crunchy grape nut. it wasn't until i swallowed and tasted the blood and felt the gaping hole in my mouth that i realized it was my tooth. i was older, though... like 2nd or 3rd grade when it happened. but yeah... no lifelong trauma from it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. we had latkes for dinner tonight. they were purple latkes cause we got purple potatoes from our CSA. yummy. anyway, i thought of you because we had latkes last time i was visiting you. or maybe they were zucchini pancakes? i can't remember, but they were yummy. and i'm finally into the book you lent me and it's really good! I'm loving it! Though I feel smart when they use french words and dumb when they use hebrew/jewish terms that i don't know. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spit my tooth out while walking down town eating pop corn after a movie. I cried so much when I realized what I had done that my cousin retraced our steps and found my tooth. I felt really silly.

    ReplyDelete