About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Friday, January 9, 2009

MissNotSuchABaby

Today Leila is 21 months old! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. She seems more and more like a big kid everyday. She's now completely potty trained, night and day. We can take very little credit for all this, we just followed her cues and let her go. She is pretty darn reliable and we love, love, love not having to carry around diapers ANYMORE! Hooray! (which, by the way, is one of her new words)

And that brings me to my next toot-my-child's-horn subject, which is: speech. Her language is taking off. Often she tries to put to words together and I swear she is picking up at least two new words a day. I love hearing her little vocabulary expand. Of course, there are still words that are a mystery, but (unlike her brother) she finds it hilarious when we can't guess what word she is saying. She'll say it a couple of times and then laugh uproariously when we aren't guessing right. Then she just lets it go.

Leila is also an expert hugger. She loves to find any reason to hug. She hugs all her siblings, adult friends of ours, Dadm and I, all with wild abandon. I love it because I think her hugs are adorably tiny and sincere.

She loves reading and will sit through book after book. She completely skipped over the board book stage and has gone right to enjoying the picture books that the Bigs love to listen to. I'm still holding on to the board books, but I don't quite know why. No one is using them anymore.

Of course, she experimenting with temper-tantrums and pouty faces. She is also working hard on expressing her own opinion and never hesitates to let her siblings know that she isn't pleased with whatever is going on. But it kills us all because she's too darn cute and she knows it.

It's hard to believe she's quickly approaching two. I'm not really sad that we aren't having anymore kiddos, but it seems starange to be in this whole new world!

No comments:

Post a Comment