About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Whistle While You Work

A week or so ago, Isaac became very interested in whistling. He wanted to see me do it, hear me do it and he wanted me to describe (in excruciatingly painful detail) how I am able to whistle, over and over and over again.

Then he started practicing whistling. In the beginning it was just air going through his lips. After about three days, he could make a high pitched airy whistling sound. We had a few more days of that noise and today (bumpa da bum) he started whistling!

I wish I could say that I was excited. I was excited he was interested in it and it was awfully cute to hear him practicing and working so hard on figuring out how to do it. He started being able to do a full whistle at about 5:15 this evening and by 6:00 I was totally and completely irritated by his one shrill note, being repeated ad nauseum every seven seconds or so.

I am certain these are eternal consequences coming back to me.

In other much cuter news, Leila can now say her own name very clearly. It is absolutely ADORABLE. She will, out of the blue, say it several times in a row and then when anyone asks her who Leila is, she points at herself and says brightly "me!" I'm going to try and get it on video....It is so cute.

Don't worry, there will probably be some whistling in the background. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. just wait until they give him a recorder in 3rd grade.... mwahahaha.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you thought ME learning to whistle was bad!! HA HA HA!! -Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he can teach me... I still can't whistle.

    ReplyDelete