About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Best. Birthday. In a LOOOOOONG Time!

Yesterday was my birthday. And my wonderful husband got really creative and made it a GREAT day. It was incredibly relaxing and together and connected and laid back and happy.

Dadam decided that he would take the day off work! It was a surprise and boy was it nice. He let me sleep in and that was marvelous. When I woke up, there was a "Birthday Restaurant Menu" waiting for me at my bedside. It instructed me to order from the menu and use my phone to text my order downstairs to him, where he and his "team" would put together breakfast in bed for me! Such a fun idea! So I texted my order and laid back, feeling pampered already. In a short while, he and the kids brought up breakfast for me and my birthday cards and prezzies. Oh it was so fun! I shared my pastries with everyone and we laughed and had a great time.

After I was done eating, we all got ready and went for a caching-hike. Dadam knew of a local area that had nice trails and some caches, so off we went. While we were hiking there were tons and tons of blackberry brambles and so we stopped and picked a huge amount of blackberries. (We hadn't brought any containers, so Dadam dug out a plastic shopping bag and we picked into that.) The scenery was amazing, we were on the top of a hill, and so we took lots of pictures too.

By the time we made it back to Odz, it was well past lunchtime, so we marched across the street to a fantastic pub and had a delicious lunch. The pub was on the other side of the hill and so we got to see some more beautiful scenery, watch airplanes landing and taking off and sit next to a pasture full of sheep! The sun was shining (intermittently) and we ate outside taking full advantage.

When we had sated our hunger, we came home. We threw the kids in the bath; I gave Dadam and Isaac hair cuts. We made a delicious dinner and then Dadam surprised me with an ice cream cake!

Oh it was a marvelous birthday. I truly enjoyed every minute of it! My family is AMAZING!!! And I love them.

1 comment:

  1. Yeay! Happy birthday again!I am so glad you had such a wonderful day! Love you Sister!

    ReplyDelete