About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Wuv Twu Wuv. That Dweam Wifin a Dweam....

Today in the car, on the way home from school, Isaac said to me, "Mom, did you know that I'm in love with someone in my class?" He was completely matter of fact and not at all embarrassed. I swallowed my smile, lest he hear it in my voice, and asked him who he was in love with. "Anushka." I asked some questions, "How do you know you are in love with Anushka?" "Because Anushka told me we were going to get married." "How does it feel to be in love?" "Good."

All the while he is calm, cool and collected; not a self conscious smile or giggle in sight. He explained that he had picked the letter "k", which had a picture of a king on it, and she had picked the letter "q", which had a picture of a queen on it. Through this Anushka had decided that they should get married because, of course, kings and queens are married. (Apparently the picking was random, so this is a pretty funny outcome.)

Later, he and Dadam were discussing the upcoming nuptials. Isaac posited that if she were going to be a teacher she would be Mrs. D. Dadam said something about women usually taking the man's last name, so she would be Mrs. W. And Isaac responded, "Or, I could be Mr. D."

1 comment:

  1. wiff wuv, tuwoo wuv, foheveah....Tee hee, your kids are so funny! What a hoot.

    ReplyDelete