About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Nuhsuwee!!

That's "nursery" in Noodlespeak for those of you having trouble translating.

Today Noodle went to her first day of school!! She had been begging me to go to school almost since the Bigs began in Setptember. She talked about it constantly. When was she going to get to go to school? When? When? When? I wasn't ready. I just wasn't ready. But she was. So I called the school in the beginning of December and they said there would be no room until the spring. But she was still desperate and talked about it all the time. The new term started, I made an in person visit and surprisingly, there was some room.

I was totally unsure and she was completely sure.

She has been counting down the sleeps since last week. She has talked nonstop about what she would do, what she would play with, what fruit she would bring for snack and who she would play with. And today she woke up, got dressed and I took her into school. I picked her up to give her a hug and a kiss. She said "I'll give you a hug and a kiss and then you will put me down and leave and then come pick me up." A kiss and a hug later she was off and playing with a large doll house, no looking back.

I remembered a time when Elie was in five day and she asked me what I would do when everyone was at school. I replied that I didn't know what I would do, but I would be alone. She started to cry at the thought of me being lonely, which is not at all what I meant, but what her four year old brain could equate. Now that I'm here, I might be a bit lonely, maybe she was right.

It was strange to leave her, but not too lonely since Princess Elie has caught a virus and was home from school today. I was very happy to pick her up when it was time and she was worn out, but said she had fun. She cried a little from being over-tired, but I think she is excited to go back tomorrow. It's a weird paradigm shift - four in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment