About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Snow Much Fun!

Woke up this morning to ANOTHER two or three inches of snow. Yippee! We had some flurries on and off during the day, but there was sunshine, glorious sunshine, for most of the afternoon.

After lunch, we got all bundled up and went outside for more "pan-sledding". During the night, I had brainstormed several more items that I thought *might* work as stand ins for sleds. One was a foil wind-shield sun reflector (you know, the kind you put on the dash and in the wind-shield to keep the sun from beating in the car and making it hotter than an oven) and some heavy duty vinyl that I had purchased for a sewing project and still had some leftover.

So, we had three jelly roll pans, two square sheets of clear vinyl and one car reflector thingy. They all worked spectacularly! Over the night, the snow had refrozen and the new stuff had come down on top. We got the new stuff packed down and ended up with a sledding track that went most of the way down the lower garden. I think it was probably about 25 feet long! I even got some sledding in today, my butt does NOT fit into a jelly-roll pan.

The three Bigs got some amazing speed down the hill and had a really awesome time. They each figured out the physics of the pans and could position their centre (spellcheck would not let me spell this the American way. HA!) of gravity over the pan in such a way that they were flying down the hill. At one point, Talia hit something and her pan flew out from under her, became airborne, ricocheted off my knee and landed some four feet away. It was good stuff.

Leila enjoyed a slower pace, but figured out how to drag her hands and feet to slow herself. The grade on the hill is steep and even with no pushing, speed built up. She did digger out at one point when the sled stopped but she didn't. Of course, she was done with sledding before the bigs were.

But we all had a fantastic time. It was so much fun to be outside, enjoying our snow, playing with pans and laughing and laughing - all together.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely AWESOME! You rule, and I wish I was there. -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That sounds super awesome. I wish I could be there...I wonder if my butt would fit on a jelly roll pan...
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete