About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Great Pumpkin(s)

Late last night I got an email announcing that the school was closed today due to a power outage! What to do with our all of a sudden free day? In the end of October we had purchased pumpkins to make Jack-o-lanterns with, but the pumpkins had been sitting on the dining room window sill since then. Aha! We'll carve our pumpkins!

First, we had to wash them. Then the kids all took a sharpie and went to town drawing faces. It is a bit difficult to explain how to draw a face that will be easy to cut out, but they did alright.

I cut the bottoms out of all the pumpkins. And they went to work cleaning them out. The Boy-child and LuLu got right to it; digging their hands in the muck and scooping out loads of seeds. PrincessE and Noodle, on the other hand, practically refused to put their hands in the pumpkins. I had to tell PrincessE that she needed to either do it or not, but I didn't want to hear any more complaining about her messy hands!










But they got it sorted out. Then I carved them up, trying to stick to the original drawings as much as possible. (I was a bit nervous about PrincessE and The Boy-child doing it themselves. I think next year I'm going to have to let them do it.) We have some friends who use their Dremel for pumpkin carving, I may advocate getting one for us! Four is a lot of pumpkins to carve.

They turned out really cute and we put tea lights in them, so they could welcome Dadam home.




Noodle and Lulu's punkins.



The Boy-child and PrincessE's!

(I'll post a pic of glowing pumpkins tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment