About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's That Time of Year Once Again

(This is mostly a venting post.  It is gross.)

Not unusually for this time of year, there are plenty of "bugs" going around.  Many, many people we know had the dreaded lurgy (as I have heard it nicknamed) over the winter holiday.  Somehow, we avoided this.  I'm actually quite unsure how we avoided it, as I can't tell you the number of people I heard on the public transport in London who sounded as though they ought to be on a course of treatment for TB.  Plus, we were all exhausted from late nights and marching all about London and The South sightseeing.  However we avoided it, we did. 

Until, of course, now.

We've been back to school for a week and a half-ish.  And we have the dreaded lurgy.  Lu-lu was the first hit, with a high fever.  Then, this morning Noodle came in our bed, burning like a little ember.   She actually begged to go to school, as though I was punishing her by not allowing her to attend! 

As of bedtime this evening, Lu-lu had no fever, but Noodle was still burning up.  A dose of ibuprofen later (just to help her sleep a bit easier) and she was snoring upstairs.

Truth is, I can deal with fevers.  But the barfing, which Noodle did twice today, I could live without.  And I could really live without her aspirating on her vomit, while I'm driving, with not only my children but a guest child, in my car. 

Tomorrow will be better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment