About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Psst, You Wanna Buy Some Swords?

I like to think that Dadam and I keep the capitalistic consumer experience of being a kid in the 21st century to a minimum.  Trips to the grocery do not usually ever involve the purchasing of tchochkes.  Like I need more small, breakable, plastic s*&^ in my house??  However, we do keep an eye on Woot.com and all its woot cousins (woot!kids, woot!home) and sometimes there are deals on there that are simply too good to pass up. 

Which is how we came to possess four (4) battery operated, extendable, color changing light swords (aka light sabers). 

They came in the mail today and so we opened up the package to great excitement and fanfare.  Then the kids started playing with them.  In the living room.  With all the lights off.  Yes, I know.  Who buys SWORDS for their children, then hands them all one at once and says "here ya go, play with these in the dark"?  Uh, we do, because apparently this is our first trip to the rodeo. 

Hindsight being lit up with those color changing light swords, this didn't seem like the brightest of ideas (haha, see what I did there?  I should get out more).  Happily no one got chopped with a sword and when they were finally done (one at a time, in turn) showing us each of the four light sequences, they were calmly using them as torches (or flashlights for you Americans) to play hide and seek.  It is not mine to question, I'll just thank my lucky light swords they weren't committing acts of violence upon one another with the toys that Dadam and I had sent to them.

1 comment:

  1. Heh, I see what you did there. I think trying this same experiment with my brothers and I when we were of similar ages would have ended in some minor catastrophe. Sounds like the family chemistry must be pretty well balanced for them to see the swords as tools and not weapons! (FYI, they call them torches here too :D )

    ReplyDelete