About Us

There are four of Them: three girls and one boy, little stair-steps all. There are two of Us: best friends, co-parents and truly in love. The Six of us have epic adventures full of laughter and love, occasionally containing tears, but always together.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Skirting The Issue

At three-thirty this afternoon, I was reminded by my lovely husband that the two eldest have an Advanced Ensemble concert this evening. I asked PrincessE to go and try and find some black pants/skirt. The dress code is black bottoms with white shirt. She came back wearing her brother's trousers that are a size 8. She currently wears a size 12.

Not gonna cut it. 

So, I went to my massive fabric stash, located some black fabric, googled a fantastic tutorial for an adorable skirt AND 30 mins later had a perfect black skirt. 


Shew.  I rescued myself once again. 

The tutorial is here:  http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-the-circle-skirt.html

Ya know, if you need to whip up a skirt in 30 minutes because you've not been paying attention to the schedule.




No comments:

Post a Comment